Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Be unapologetic

Hi how you doing. Tonight I want to share a TED video with you. 
I like to watch TED in my free time. It can help my English listening skills and vocabulary. 
I was looking for something interesting and I found this. 

 Check out this amazing TED Talk:
Ash Beckham: We're all hiding something. Let's find the courage to open 

Sent from TED app for iOS
http://itunes.com/apps/tedconferences/ted

Once he was a she and he talked about how difficult it was to tell the world who he really is.  
In the last of his talk he said three principles to open your heart. 
I want you to check them out in the video if you are interested. 
The third principle was " Be unapologetic " 
He said 

" you are speaking your truth. Never apologize for that. ~ Never apologize who you are.
 Some folks are maybe disappointed  but that is on them, not on you.
 Those are their expectations of who you are not yours. 
 That is thier story not yours. ~"

This impressed me.  
I sometimes feel unconfident in myself. 
I will remember what he said when I feel like that.

Sorry I didn't quote whole of his talk. 
Thank you for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment