Friday, March 14, 2014

phychology

Hi Everyone
How are you?

Recently I read a book called "courage to be disliked".
It's written by an author who is fascinated by Alfred Adler,  psychologist.
Adler is known for the study about individual psychology. He is one of the big three psychologist, Sigmund Freud, Carl Gustav Jung, and him.

The author was interested in Adler and did some research on him.
Finally he found a professor who also research on Adler for a long time.
They made this book together. It's a dialog style assuming this professor and this author talking. It remains me Plato.

This is a book about having courage to be disliked.
I can't explain exactly what was written in the book since the contents are difficult to understand for the first time, but I learned a lot from the book.

One of the most interesting parts was about separation between my problems and other's. For example it's not my problem even if another person doesn't have a bad opinion of mine and doesn't seem nice to me. It's his problem so that I don't have to be distressed about it. I can be me anywhere. We can't be free if we think we want to be liked by everybody.
This theory is one of the reason why the author and the professor named the book's title "courage to be disliked".

I'm not sure I wrote correctly about the book, but I hope you would understand what I tried to tell.

Thank you for reading.



No comments:

Post a Comment